FULL RESET #6 on WED-SEP 26-2018

Fellow GoVenture entrepreneurs, the next game RESET will happen on WEDNESDAY, SEP 26, 2018 in the morning Eastern Time (UTC-4).

This means that all business and game data will be deleted. All companies, sales, inventory, bXP … everything will be gone (except your LOGINS and other items noted below). And new features will be available (see below).

As soon as the RESET happens, we will all have the opportunity to start fresh. Starting fresh is an exciting time for most players.

Your same login (username and password ) will still work. Do not sign up again, just log in.

When you log in after the RESET, you will enter the TUTORIAL. The tutorial will display the same Holding Company name you used previously, but you can change it in the tutorial. You will also choose a new location for your Holding Company (the previous location is not stored). Your previous operating businesses will be gone so you can start new.

You cannot skip the tutorial, but you can go through it more quickly if you are already familiar with it … but we recommend that you take it slow and capture as much wisdom as you can.

We do RESETS to clean up our database, speed up the gameplay, and allow players to experience the fun and competitive startup process. Resets may happen every 3 or 4 months, but there is no firm schedule at this time. We have heard from some players who would like a second server option that does not get reset and we are not yet sure if we will be able to offer this or not, but it is being considered for the future.

We have also captured your historical bXP and PROFIT (from Dec 2017) and will make this visible in the coming weeks. Players with past bXP will still need to accumulate new bXP to unlock features (so that the game remains fair), but those who have been playing the game for a long time will be recognized for their skill and loyalty.

After the upcoming RESET, you will notice these changes:

(1) Two new business types! Smartphone and Pharmaceuticals are now options for MANUFACTURING and RETAIL businesses. These new business types function like the current Automotive businesses, with similar options for quality, features, retail upgrades, and efficiency upgrades. But, there are no mini games.

(2) There is a bulk DELETE option for mail. This much-requested features is now here!

(3) A variety of other less-noticeable fixes. We also have a big change in how BRAND is calculated and affects sales, but that will not be ready to make live for a few weeks after the reset.

Once the RESET is done, we will be focused on adding a SHIPPING business and improving the TUTORIAL. We continue to build a DASHBOARD for instructors to use to track their students playing GoVenture World. We also have hundreds of other improvements we plan to make, so if your preferred upgrade is not listed, please know that we did not forget about it.

If you have questions or comments about this, please post them below. Thanks for playing!

1 Like

I am so looking forward to bulk delete and new industries!

I do have a question, though: if there are no mini games for the 2 new industries, how do we go about amassing enough bxp to open more businesses? With the current round’s scheme, I am able to receive up to 90 bxp per manufacturing mini game, so I am concerned as to how this will work with pharmaceuticals and smartphones.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

The bXP is not specific to each type of business, so any bXP you earn from doing anything in the game contributes to your total bXP … so, even though the new businesses may not have mini games, you can still earn bXP in other ways. All Challenges and Courses are being reset too, so doing all those over again will give you a boost. We may introduce some additional surveys later too.

This makes the next round worth playing. Great ideas with the upgrades! Finally new businesses !!

2 Likes

The ancient dragon has awoken you have called the legendary Jobson back into the battle field.

4 Likes

Looking forward to the challenge Jobsons! Changes are welcome and may just give us some bugs to help sort out. @ Owl - I guess if you want to do the mini game you start with an auto maker and go with new biz types for the second and third companies.

1 Like

Awesome, New features!, since i am a week away in vacation first week of october ill give u all a head start!,

Great job so far developers!

3 Likes

I think you fell back asleep.

Not so mighty again ? Lol