FAQ - Some Answers

Please note that the game is in Beta and anything listed in here may change as bugs and loopholes are ironed out.

Not sure if each of these should have it’s own topic( or a new menu heading created under similar heading) but for what I have I’ll put a separate entry under this…

BXP Levels - At what point can I start my operating business?

We know so far
2k = 2nd biz (+2k)
4k - Create an Advertising Co
7k = 3rd (+5k) Also allows Create a Law Firm
10k - Create a bank
13k = 4th (+6k)
19k = 5th (+6k)
28k = 6th (+9k)
37k = 7th (+9k)
50k = 8th (+13k)
65k = 9th (+15k)

1 Like

How do I get more BXP? There’s no easy way but if you’re addicted or have a great need to get to that next business level, then this may help

At the start of the game the best way to jump ahead is to take the time to do all the challenges - drip fed but there are currently around 20 and will be around 35?
= 500 - 800 BXP

Next up is to complete all 5 Courses = 2500 BXP plus some bonus g - And you’ll learn stuff

You get BXP for Share IPO’s and Bond issues plus for hiring a law firm but I do not recommend them as daily do’s or the BXP will magically disappear. The markets will be a mess and the legal stuff doesn’t work anyway

Daily routine
Read mail 10
Check Finances 10
Bid on an ad spot 10 - Win an ad spot 10
World Market - Check on the economy (Rev and Profit) 10
Check bonds 10, buy a bond 50, sell a bond 50
Check Stocks 10, buy a stock 50, sell a stock 50
Chat 10
Maintain your journal 10

Each business
Manufacturing - Production order 20, list product on open market 50, sell on open market 10, Make direct sale 50, Play mini game no mistakes 90 (bonus - make 9 more cars) ** (This will cost me some daily BXP - for now you can crimp some extra cars and BXP by partially failing and trying again)

Retail buy on open market 50, buy direct 50, play mini game with no mistakes 88 (bonus move 22 extra cars at some profit - instant cash if needed)

2 Likes

How do I choose a retail market?

The answer to that question is the key to the game and the right answer today may be wrong tomorrow. The 2 main decision making tools are the world map and the consumer profile report.

Reviewing Country
When you open the world map you can display retail businesses. A new player should probably focus on the massive markets of USA or China first up before venturing into the secondary markets. The main thing to look for in any country is how many ACTIVE retailers there are. As in any game many start but fall away so look at the starting date and sales figure for each one. The total market demand will also display so you are looking for the biggest demand with the fewest active retailers.

Reviewing Market Demand
The total demand for each country is broken up into consumer groups. Each consumer group has an absolute maximum daily demand. In the business reports you will find the relevant consumer group report which, once a country is selected will show annual demand by group. Divide this by 360 to get the daily maximum. Let’s say that figure is 60k. At a price of 60k one car will be sold per game day. At 30k, 2 competitors can sell one car each and at 61k no cars will be sold to that group. Depending on the number of competitors and the top price you can get, choosing that country will be a good or bad decision.

You may be happily selling 5 cars per day and suddenly your sales go to zero.
If that happens, look again a the country map to see if you have a new competitor and the consumer group report to see if the number of groups has increased but the total demand g per group has dropped.

2 Likes

Setting retail pricing

There are many options / strategies when approaching retailing. In a small market you may choose low cost / low quality to keep below a difficult maximum price and still maintain sales. To be honest I don’t know much about that preferring to stick to high quality and remove variables.
The simplest market right now is Turkey. There is only one retailer and there are 5 consumer groups each with an annual demand of 25.17million g. Divide by 360 and the answer is 69,900 ish for each group. Price at 69900 and sell 5 cars per game day. Price at 70,000 and sell none. Of course if that changed to 6 groups or a competitor entered the market it would all change. (The total demand moves each real day based I think on the number of retail businesses in the game. Each country moves by the same % and on my observations demand increases between 0.5 and 2% per real day)

A more complex market is United Kingdom. There are 4 retailers in the UK but only one is active. The total annual demand is 216 mill g but there are 8 groups as follows
Group % total demand Brand Price Feature Quality Signage
Group 20 12% g26,076,789 5% 10% 35% 35% 15%
Group 21 12% g26,076,789 15% 15% 10% 40% 20%
Group 22 12% g26,076,789 40% 20% 10% 10% 20%
Group 23 12% g26,076,789 10% 25% 40% 5% 20%
Group 24 14% g30,422,920 5% 30% 5% 35% 25%
Group 25 12% g26,076,789 20% 40% 10% 10% 20%
Group 26 12% g26,076,789 10% 50% 5% 15% 20%
Group 27 14% g30,422,920 0% 60% 20% 0% 20%

Divide each group by 360.
So even though total demand should easily support the retailer selling at over 100k per car, the groups restrict that. Sell at 85k - sell none
sell at 84500 - sell 2 cars to the 2 bigger groups. sell at 72400 sell 5

If a competitor entered the market and quality, features signage and price were the same, the higher brand would sell ahead of the lower. One retailer would sell 5 cars and the other 3 unless their price levels were around 40k or at a level that they could sell 2 cars into a group.

It’s quite likely that a competitor would have a different price and a different brand. In that case, as per the weightings in the table, price would win in some groups and brand in the others.

This comes into play more in the USA where each consumer group will support daily sales of 400k g and there are 10 groups.

4 Likes

Great explaining, about some features FireysCorp,!

1 Like

Hello there! Would you be kind enough to explain me in another words how to calculate a good (no accurate) retail price on complex markets? I didnt get how you reached the 85K. If i divide 216 millions/ 360 days I get 600 000. What am i doing wrong? And how do this groups affect the market? Should we aim for a specific one?Btw thanks for all the other informations.

Yes - it’s a part of the game that bugs me. The calculation for market sales allocation isn’t by the total market. Each buy group is a separate calculation. Of the 8 buy groups I listed in my example, the 2 bigger ones are g30,422,920. Divide that by 360 to get the groups total daily spend and you get 84508. Into that particular group, all the retailers in the country compete to sell one car at a price up to 84507 or 2 cars at around 42250.
(The other things like brand and quality will determine which retailer gets preference in the allocation)

At the moment in the game we are not hitting the maximums in the bigger markets so your pricing limits are determined by a different set of rules - the absolute maximum price a country will pay for a specific quality / brand of car. That’s a table you will need to draw up for yourself but as an example even if you are the only retailer in a huge market, China will only pay around 35000g for a 0/0 car or 105,000 for a 100/100 car.

In the USA that number is more like 45000g for 0/0 and 140000g for a 100/100 car but then all your costs in the USA are MUCH higher.
Hope that helps…

1 Like